Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Snips and Snails...

I have been married to Hubby for 6 months. Before that, we dated for 16 months. Before that we were friends for over 2.5 years. Of that cumulative time of almost 4.5 years, I have been asking him to get me a dog for probably 4.25 years. Sometimes, especially during the friend years, I was mostly kidding. But once we started dating, I legitimately began begging for a dog.

So, when, a few months ago, we began seriously talking about getting a puppy, and looking at a breeder, I was ecstatic. I promised that I would take care of the dog, since I am not working, and I would be the one responsible for the training.

When my husband finally agreed that the timing was right, I knew he was probably doing it just for me. He was so totally not going to be this dog. Or so I thought.

The moment Dexter got into our car, Hubby was in love. He becomes a big ball of goo when he gets home from work and hears little paw prints coming to greet him at the door, or sees me and Dex snoozing on the couch. And his love of the dog has increased his love for the cat too.

I was shocked and amazed, until I realized, it was just part of his make up. After all, as the old nursery rhyme says:

What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That's what little boys are made of !



No comments: