Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter- by Dexter

Happy Easter everyone, from Dexter and Nora! Cartoon is courtesy of Daddy, because he likes to draw pictures to make Mommy smile!




Today, Nora had the run of the house, as Mommy, Daddy, and Me (Dexter) traveled to Ohio to see Mommy's family. I got to meet my uncles Denny and Paul, as well as great aunts DJ and Charlotte. We all had a blast, well, all but one of us.

Grandma and Pappy have a doggie named Phoebe. The first time we met, she did not like me very much. I have grown a lot since then, and I was hoping she would want to play with me. No such luck. She was still pretty stand offish, and hid most of the time. Mommy did manage to sit us both on her lap long enough to get a picture, but you can tell Phoebe was not happy. I do not understand, I just had a bath yesterday, so I know I do not smell. Oh well, with her hiding, I was able to sneak a bite of her food, and drink her water. YUM!



When it was time to leave, Mommy and Daddy tried to put me in the crate in the car. I HATED IT!!! So I cried and finally I got to sit on Daddy's lap. Mommy says I am spoiled. I noticed my mommy has lots of pet names for me. After I eat and have a full belly, she calls me Chubbs. When I cry, like in the car, she calls me Fussy McGullicuddy, and when I am all cuddly she calls me Pup Magup. Mommy's silly names for me make me smile, but Daddy just does this weird eye roll thing....

When we finally got home, I was so excited to see my sister Nora, I ran around and around and around with her. Then I realized Mommy was going upstairs. Since it was such a busy day, I did not get to see her much, so I tried to go upstairs after her, but my legs are still too short to reach. I tried real hard too, but Mommy says I should not be trying to climb the stairs anyway.


Well, all in all I had a great first holiday with Mommy and Daddy. I got to meet new friends on Friday, including Bailey the big black doggie. He let me boss him around, it was great. I also met some of Mommy and Daddy's people friends and got to cuddle a lot. Yesterday I went to Grandma Barb's house, where I met my cousin Bella. She kind of beats me up but I let her get away with it, you know, because she is a girl and all. And then the big trip to Ohio today.

Mommy said since I was so good, I was allowed to write all you nice people about my holiday weekend, so I hope you liked it. I am pretty tired now, so I am going to lay here on Mommy's lap. I am just gonna rest my eyes for a minute.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: