Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I scream, you scream

I went to the grocery store today. Not Super Walmart, an ACTUAL grocery store. And I finally found something I was looking for since we got Dexter. I finally found pet ice cream. Hooray!

Since it is the last night before Nora's surgery, I thought, what a better night to have a family ice cream party. I even got some Skinny Cow for Mommy and Daddy. So after dinner, I decided to get the ice cream out. First was Nora and her Cool Claws. She was totally uninterested, and I do not think she ever even licked it. I tried to rub some on her nose, and it just made her mad, so it is still sitting on the floor. She has until midnight to eat it, before her pre-op fasting starts.

Next, we gave Dexter his Frosty Paws. As expected, he totally loved it. The only problem was the cup kept scooting all around the table, so I ended up having to hold him on my lap, and put the cup in my lap too. That worked much better.
He was so enchanted with it, I was able to eat my Skinny Cow Mint Ice Cream Sandwich, without him even noticing. By the time he was done, he had peanut butter ice cream all over his little nose...
Now, Nora is hiding, and Dex has a tummy full of ice cream.

I love my life as a pet mommy.

1 comment:

angie said...

dexter looks like riley as a puppy! at about 3, he lost all his blond and is mostly just red now. i miss his splotches.

dexter is ADORABLE!