Sorry for being so lax about writing this week, it has been a little hectic and exciting, with lots of great things going on over at Tall Tales from a Small Town and Tiffany's Bookshelf.
The kids are getting excited because Grandpa is coming to visit tomorrow! He is coming up to help Daddy redo the dining room floor and put a fence up in the back yard so Dexter can run around safely without being on the leash! Exciting times in our household. I am a little worried how the kids will act with all the commotion from the projects. Nora is still not quite herself, though she has been a little sweeter lately. The other day she did something she has not done since she was a baby. When I was getting a bath, she hopped up on the tub rim (not that unusual) but then she walked around the back and climbed onto me in the tub. She used to do this all the time when she was a kitten. I hope that this recent bout of crankiness is just her hormones adjusting after her spay, kind of like kitty menopause or something, but I am keeping my eyes open to anything unusual. Today her eyes are watering, but it is clear tears, so I guess that is a good sign. I was able to catch a great shot of her sunning herself on a dining room chair the other day.
Dexter has been quite the little doodle lately. Daddy actually called him a scamp last night. He is more and more the mama's boy, and as I spend more time out of the house enjoying the weather and doing things with friends that he can not always accompany me on, he gets very annoyed. I went shopping the other day with a friend and her son, and was gone for several hours, but I knew Dex would be fine. And he was. However, his good behavior was handsomely rewarded, as my friend's little boy had picked out a toy for me to bring home for doggie. He picked a squeaky strawberry, which Dex loved, and immediately chewed the stem off of. Sigh.
So that is the news with us. And it is Saturday, so that means, time to get hopping! We hope you will join us, here is how:
* * Link up your blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add you link once to be seen on all the Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week.
* * Grab the Pet Bloggers Blog Hop button that our friends over on Life with Dogs made for us and include it in your Saturday Pet Bloggers Hop post so that your readers will know what is going on.
* * Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
* * Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you'd like
* * Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you're from the Saturday Pet Bloggers Hop
* * Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Bloggers Blog Hop